Quick! While it is still summer!
Courtesy of our friends at Modern Dog magazine, this easy to make frosty dog treat is loaded with healthy ingredients your dog will love, and are based on Chinese medicine. The foods tone the blood and Qi and are neutral in Chinese Medicine. Sounds just TOO yummy!
- ¼ cup dried apricots
- ¼ can pumpkin (not pie mix)
- 1 can low-sodium sardines in oil or water
- ½ cup cooked millet
- ½ cup plain, live-culture yogurt
- 1 tsp powdered spirulina (optional)
1. Drain the sardines. Combine all ingredients together in a bowl and stir gently until thoroughly mixed.
2. Freeze the mixture until it’s a slushie-like consistency or freeze in ice cube trays and serve as a summer treat!
These recipes were created especially for Modern Dog by Lucy Postins, author of Made Out of Love: Recipes to Prepare (and Sometimes Share With) Your Animal Companion (Lucy Postins: 2009). For more great recipes, check out the book!