There are many ways to support our favourite, and very deserving, animal shelter right now!
Mission – The Burlington Humane Society is a non-profit organization which operates solely on the generosity of donations from the public. We are dedicated to helping stray and abandoned animals in Burlington. Our mission is to improve the quality of life and welfare for animals in our community, to provide a safe haven while we find “forever homes” for the cats and dogs in our care, and to make Burlington a more humane city for all animals.
To help BHS, you can:
- Take part in the Love the Animals Lottery – Click on this link for the form to order tickets, or drop into the shelter at 740 Griffiths Court. – Daily draws for $250 from January 1st- 30th – $5000 GRAND PRIZE DRAW ON JANUARY 31ST!
- 2013 Entertainment Book – Drop by the Shelter to pick up your book and get: Half price deals, Free admissions, Dinners, Travel, and more!
- BHS Wish List – As well as cash donations, BHS is happy to accept the following: New large litter pans & scoops, New cat dishes,Cat toys, Hard/durable dog toys, Cat crates,Kitten and Puppy Food,Liquid dish soap,Unscented dryer sheets,Hand soap in pump bottles,Gift certificates from pet food stores or grocery stores – NOTE: BHS cannot accept pet bedding
- Read the Tail-o-Gram Newsletter to stay up to date on the latest news, challenges and events!
- VOLUNTEER! Click on this link for details of the many opportunities – even if you can spare only a few hours a week, you will be able to find a rewarding and fun way to donate your time.